“If you are an individual passionate about engaging and collaborating with children who have special needs, then SYCR is the ideal professional environment for you”
A Little Bit About SYCR
SYCR’s not your typical agency—and that’s by choice. Nothing against those who go down a more well-traveled road, but at SYCR, we like to forge our own path. That’s because we’re smart, scrappy, and innovative—qualities that are built into SYCR’s DNA.
SYCR was founded when Doug Davidoff, our CEO, felt that agencies could not only be done differently, they could be done better. He wanted to test his hypotheses. (If you’ve ever met Doug, this probably won’t surprise you.)
In his quest to make agencies better and more efficient, Doug surrounded himself with the current team of employees. It seems to have worked because, in the last few years, SYCR’s growth has not only been explosive, it shows no signs of slowing down. As a result, opportunities for SYCR employees are also skyrocketing!
Who SYCR to Be
If you want to know how people are going to perform, simply find out what they believe. Strategies, products and systems are all very important, but success comes from bringing the right people together.
Our success is built on the core values we take very seriously.
Join Our Team!
At SYCR, our culture of growth starts with our people. We look for employees who are smart, creative, empathetic, and fun. Once they’re part of our team, we support them by giving them opportunities to grow. At SYCR, we recognize that employment is a two-way street and that jobs only work when they are mutually beneficial.
We’re not asking for our employees to be perfect. They just have to be “perfect” for SYCR.
What does that mean?
What We're Looking For:
- Empathy - As the researcher and author Brené Brown says “Empathy fuels connection.” Success on all levels requires connection and it’s a quality SYCR actively seeks.
- Intellectual curiosity - Being smart is a given, but not all intelligent people possess curiosity. You’ll be a great fit if you’re always intensely interested in learning more.
- A collaborative spirit - At SYCR, we believe that we can push boundaries further as a team than we can individually. Independent work is important but so is the ability to collaborate.
- Respect - For yourself and others. We never allow you to be treated with disrespect, either by clients or by other employees within our organization, and we expect you to treat others with respect.
- Motivation - You want to make a measurable difference in clients’ businesses while advancing your own career. At SYCR, we coach all our employees to bring them to the next level.
- Willingness to learn from mistakes - Mistakes are part of the growth process. They’re inevitable, but they’re only useful if you’re willing to learn from them and course-correct. For example, at SYCR, we all discuss our greatest learning and/or greatest failure at least once a month. Sometimes, there’s a deep dive. It’s never mean or personal.
What We're Not Looking For:
- Ego - If you’re more invested in being right than in admitting your mistakes and learning from them, SYCR probably isn’t for you.
- A fixed mindset - We don’t want someone overly invested in the status quo. If you often say “But this is how things have always been done,” then you may be better suited for a more traditional environment.
- Toxicity - If you let negativity fester, you won’t embrace the SYCR mindset. We believe in radical candor and think it’s important to keep the lines of communication open.
- A short-term fit - Ideally, we’re looking for someone who really wants to develop a long-term career. SYCR is growing fast and we have lots of opportunities for people who want to step up and develop their skillsets.
- A defensive personality - Sometimes, even the kindest constructive criticism stings. And that’s okay—we’ve all been there. But if you get defensive, close off, and are unable to course-correct, you’re not a great fit for SYCR. We’ll listen as you explain your reasoning and will offer suggestions about how to approach things next time—and we’ll cheer you on when you’re successful!
- Passivity - We’re looking for self-motivated people. That doesn’t mean you’ll be abandoned to figure things out on your own (you absolutely won’t be), but we do want people who will speak up when they run into difficulties or need some extra coaching to get through a rough patch.